|Homepage | 2014 | 2015 | “Témoignages” 2016|
For its third edition, the Network’s workshop took place on 1-2 December 2016 in Edinburgh with the theme “Témoignages”.
|Read Emmanuelle Loyer’s text (English) | Lire le texte d’Emmanuelle Loyer (en français)|
Our second day was dedicated to a fantastic group of PhD presentations. You will find a full programme below, with some of the texts available by clicking on the presenters’ names and text titles.
- Kevin Smith, Gabriel Marcel and Le Témoignage: Receptivity and Reflection
- Olga Burkhardt, Towards an Ethics of Response: Survivor Testimony and the Role of the Listener
- Giovanna di Mauro, Engaged Artists in Post-Soviet Moldova: Notes from the Field
- Austin Smith, Passing on the story of the Great Tokushima Air Raid
- Richard Daglish, Lights, Camera, Mau Mau: Examining the production of Safari (1956) and the shaping of contemporary events into popular media
- Zoé Grumberg, Testimonies as Historical Sources
- Catriona Cassidy, “Ionesco’s witnessing self,” Bérenger and the responsibility of the witness in Tueur sans gages
- Andrew Rubens, Translating the poetic testimony of Benjamin Fondane
- Maya Michaeli, Narratives in Multiple Exposure: Fictional testimonies in French art works
- Malcolm Theoleyre, Recounting Algeria: Orientalism and Regional Identity among Algerian Europeans (1919-1939)
- Naomi Stewart, Witnessing the Surreal: Blind Insight in Dora Maar’s Surrealist Photomontage
- Ellen Davis-Walker, Deterritorialized testimonies: walking through (and around) trauma in 17.10.61 project