|Homepage | “Paysage / Landscape” 2014 | “Migrations” 2015|
The 2015 workshop took place on Thursday 5th November and Friday 6th November in Edinburgh. We were delighted to welcome François Noudelmann of the University of Paris 8 who gave a public keynote lecture at the Institut français d’Écosse on the first day of the event.
We also welcomed the following PhD students who presented their work. You can access some of the presentations’ summary by clicking below.
- Iraklis Ioannidis, Migrating the concept of the Other: the Other is not an affinity. The Other is the ontological counterpart to death.
- Andrea Perunović, On the notion of trust in European languages
- François Giraud, Thinking the Migrations with Expanded Cinema: Intermediality, Circulation, and Reception
- Satoshi Hirota, Ambiguity of poisonous images in Aimé Césaire’s Miraculous Weapons
- Dawn Ng, Situating Linda Lê: a problem of classification and nomenclature
- Magdalena Kampert, Translating migration on stage: the case of Janusz Głowacki’s Antigone in New York
- Niall MacGalloway, Italian immigrants in France, 1940-1943
- Kirsty Boardman, ‘Out of time, out of place: nomadic beings and transitional spaces in the works of Hélène Lenoir’
- Cecilia Roumi, Can the writer transmute in literature his personal experience of listening to a singing voice?